We have gained immense appreciation from clients for exporting an excellent stock of Survanta 8ml (Beractant Intratracheal). The medication is intended for intratracheal use only. This Survanta 8ml (Beractant Intratracheal) is indicated for the treatment of respiratory distress syndrome (RDS), also known as hyaline membrane disease, in newborn premature infants. We make sure to procure this medicine from the trusted and renowned vendors of the market.
Survanta is indicated for treatment of Respiratory Distress Syndrome (RDS) (hyaline membrane disease) in new born premature infants with a birth weight of 700g or greater and who are intubated and are receiving mechanical ventilation.Survanta is also indicated for the prophylactic treatment of premature infants <32 weeks gestational age at risk of developing RDS.
- It is a sterile and non-pyrogenic pulmonary surfactant
- The medication is a natural bovine lung extract
- It contains phospholipids, neutral lipids, fatty acids and surfactant-associated protein
- Brand: Survanta Susp
- Contain: Beractant Intratracheal
- Strength :4ml / 8ml
- Packing: Susp
- Pharmacotherapeutic group: Lung Surfactant
- The mode of action of Survanta is biophysical rather than biochemical, i.e. it reduces surface tension and concomitantly increases lung compliance.
- Intratracheally administered Survanta distributes rapidly to the alveolar surfaces and stabilises the alveoli against collapse during respiration thereby increasing alveolar ventilation.
- In clinical studies of premature infants with Respiratory Distress Syndrome (RDS), a significant improvement in oxygenation was demonstrated after treatment with a single dose of Survanta.
- These infants showed a decreased need for supplemental oxygen and an increase in the arterial/alveolar oxygen ratio (a/Ap02). Significantly decreased need for respiratory support, as indicated by a lower mean airway pressure, was also observed. In most cases these effects were maintained for at least 72 hours after the administration of the single dose of Survanta.
- In preclinical studies using radiolabelled phosphatidylcholine, the clearance rate of Survanta in the lung of three day old rabbits has been shown to be similar to that of natural calf and sheep surfactants (approximately 13% within 24 hours). In addition some re-uptake and secretion of Survanta was shown, implying its entry into a metabolically active surfactant pool.
- Since an exogenous preparation of Survanta is delivered directly to the lung, classical clinical pharmocokinetic parameters (blood levels, plasma half-life etc.) have not been studied.
Special precautions for disposal and another handling
- Each vial of Survanta is for single use only. Used vials with the residual drug should be discarded.Survanta should be inspected visually for discoloration prior to administration. The color of Survanta is off-white to light brown. Some settling may occur during storage. If this occurs, gently invert the vial several times (DO NOT SHAKE) to redisperse. Any unused medicinal product or waste material should be disposed of in accordance with local requirements.